On June 12, 2020 the UK Government announced there will be no extension to the Transition Period and that new border arrangements for trade with the EU with be in place from January 2021.
New Customs procedures will be phased in from January to July 2021 to allow business time to adapt to the new process and these arrangements replace Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP).
All goods traded between EU and GB from 1 January 2021 will require records to be kept and declarations to be completed. For imports from the EU the phased introduction plan is:
- From January 2021 – All standard goods require records to be kept with up to 6 months to formalise the customs declaration and pay any duties.
- From April 2021 – All Products of Animal Origin will require pre-notification.
- From July 2021 – All goods require full declarations on arrival and full safety and security declarations
For exports to the EU the full customs process will be required on both sides of the border immediately.
We will help you manage this phased implementation and can ensure declarations are recorded, and completed accurately and on time.
What do I need to do?
- Provide your haulier details , expected routes, and volume of shipments
- Provide a commercial invoice for the goods
- Call us on 01283 553099 to finalise the process
If you are unsure about how the new process will work for your business then we can help.